21 January 2008

Applications Accepted Soon

I'm thinking about this election cycle. I'm not too happy with my choices. I'm seeking a technocrat who can figure out some solutions to this nation's huge problems. Rotting infrastructure, near bankruptcy... I'm seeking to hire someone who will give us bullet trains throughout the land. Who will encourage local, sustainably produced foods...improving the land and the quality of rural life. Someone who can have a vision of cities designed around people not the automobile. Living, working, communing, relaxing without the need to drive. Walking trails, bicycling. Solar panels for all the roofs of all the buildings in the USA...small electric/pneumatic cars... Department of Peace and Prosperity...rather than Department of War...demilitarisation... We can do it...we just need to hire some good garbage collectors. No buzzwords allowed, please. "Hope", "Fear", "Security", "Terrorism", "Freedom", "Change"...forget it.

No comments:

As I sit staring out of the window in the woods, birds flutter by...Veterans' Day 2023

 With wars and conflicts raging in multiple locations, I'm living in relative peace now.   I went to the Wikipedia page to see how many ...