07 December 2009

John Prine played at Jackpine Junction back in the late 80s (the place has since burned down) as a fundraiser for our local community radio (KAXE...you can live stream)...it's a very small venue, logs forming a large outdoor palapa behind a bar...dance floor, etc. Perhaps 150 showed up, woods people all. In between his sets I was in the men's bathroom peein' in one of the two side by side urinals. John Prine walked in to use the adjacent urinal. I didn't notice who it was at first, but when I did...I switched hands and held my hand out to shake, saying how wonderful it was to finally meet him, even in such a situation...he switched hands and we shook (our hands)...while we continued peeing. It was my pseudo homosexual experience with John Prine...my touch with celebrity.

No comments:

As I sit staring out of the window in the woods, birds flutter by...Veterans' Day 2023

 With wars and conflicts raging in multiple locations, I'm living in relative peace now.   I went to the Wikipedia page to see how many ...