01 October 2012

October 3rd is the actual date of Robert's birthday (87)...not a spry pup, by any means.  I made camerones mariposa on the grill (butterflied shrimp) and some porcupine meatballs...finger food.  He had 3 rum and cokes.  He thought the first one that Cheryl made was too 'wimpy'...so I made him one where he could taste the dark rum...then he had another later on.  We laughed and tried to just be in whatever conversation he began which meandered along no apparent tangents...I was surprised that it was fairly easy to get him back into the car at the end of the day...of course, Cheryl's brother Jeff was helping him along on the opposite side, so he was very balanced and steady for the amount of fun he'd had.

No comments:

As I sit staring out of the window in the woods, birds flutter by...Veterans' Day 2023

 With wars and conflicts raging in multiple locations, I'm living in relative peace now.   I went to the Wikipedia page to see how many ...