15 December 2013

I remember, as a young teen, 'ditching' church one Sunday morning in 1962 and hitching a ride to the Palms Theater on Central Avenue in Phoenix...to see Lawrence of Arabia...I was fascinated. I'd already read The Seven Pillars of Wisdom and was so excited to see in Cinerama which was a widescreen process that, originally, simultaneously projected images from three synchronized 35 mm projectors onto a huge, deeply curved screen. I sat so close and was so enthralled that my head was going back and forth as if I was at a tennis match (and I swear I got sand in my eyes)...Thank you, Peter O'Toole, for that experience and wonderful memory. May you rest in peace.


No comments:

As I sit staring out of the window in the woods, birds flutter by...Veterans' Day 2023

 With wars and conflicts raging in multiple locations, I'm living in relative peace now.   I went to the Wikipedia page to see how many ...