21 December 2013

In These Times...

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."
~Matthew 10:34

Jesus changed his tune after he went to the desert and fasted for 40 days...and confronted his own demons. Remember, Peter cut off the High Priest's slave's ear and Jesus rebuked him while healing the ear? Earlier, when Jesus had left for his fast his disciples were ready to take up arms and begin the revolution upon his return...that was the intent. The demon he confronted was whether he actually wanted to be king and ringleader of an armed revolution or did he wish to show passivity? His decision was more Gandhi than Che...I suppose that is the decision we are all about to make....

No comments:

As I sit staring out of the window in the woods, birds flutter by...Veterans' Day 2023

 With wars and conflicts raging in multiple locations, I'm living in relative peace now.   I went to the Wikipedia page to see how many ...