26 August 2010

Perhaps folks should read, "It Can't Happen Here", by Sinclair Lewis...written in 1935.

After the attack on Pearl Harbor there was a concerted push to divest communities of all things Japanese, and a forced relocation and internment by the United States government in 1942 of approximately 110,000 Japanese Americans and Japanese residing along the Pacific coast of the United States to camps called "War Relocation Camps." I see the Father Coughlins of today's talk radio inciting hatred and racism...and I fear for this country. Radio drove the hatred in Rwanda and in Serbia. Do we really want our nation to degenerate further into chaos and violence? Do we wish a Balkanization of our country? 



No comments:

As I sit staring out of the window in the woods, birds flutter by...Veterans' Day 2023

 With wars and conflicts raging in multiple locations, I'm living in relative peace now.   I went to the Wikipedia page to see how many ...