27 May 2012

My HDL is exceptional...64 at last test. My LDL is at or nearly at optimal...and my triglycerides are low to normal. The first question my cardiologist asked me was my exposure to Agent Orange, which was massive where I was...Agents Orange, Blue and the rest of the rainbow. I was actually one of 52,000 Vietnam Veterans who were paid from a class action lawsuit against Dow Chemical. Beginning in 1990 I received 1500 dollars per year for 5 years. At the time the money was very welcomed, although (in retrospect) a mere pittance...couple that with ongoing devastation caused by Agent Orange and the request by Dow to reintroduce and deregulate portions of the chemical...I feel as if we are only scratching the surface. The health effects of pesticides, fungicides and artificial fertilizers are horrible, to all living things....and often shrugged off by the EPA until local groups take it upon themselves to monitor and investigate the ramifications...even then the producers have a distinct advantage financially...and the argument even among workers is that regulation costs jobs.

No comments:

As I sit staring out of the window in the woods, birds flutter by...Veterans' Day 2023

 With wars and conflicts raging in multiple locations, I'm living in relative peace now.   I went to the Wikipedia page to see how many ...