06 May 2012

Thoughts For The Day


"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe" -Carl Sagan

"To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else."
- Emily Dickinson

" Everything has an existence separate from ourselves...The trick is to recognize the worth of a thing for it's own sake instead of recognizing its worth to you." -Charles DeLint, "Someplace to Be Flying"

"Anyone can attend yoga, kabbalah classes, church, lectures by the 'Dalai Lama', yada, yada, yada - but can you be present for your life, and live with the way you treat other people?" -Tori Amos

"I know that the molecules in my body are traceable to phenomena in the cosmos. That makes me want to grab people in the street and say, 'Have you heard this?'" -Neil DeGrasse-Tyson

"Some are born weird, others achieve it, and some have weirdness thrust upon them." -Alexander Kinlock, To The Hilt by Dick Francis

No comments:

As I sit staring out of the window in the woods, birds flutter by...Veterans' Day 2023

 With wars and conflicts raging in multiple locations, I'm living in relative peace now.   I went to the Wikipedia page to see how many ...