25 December 2007

United We Stand, Divided We Fall+The North American Union

I'm not with Lou Dobbs, nor am I an anti-immigrant. As a fact, "Imagine" is a dream of mine...but, not in a coercive, fascistic manner. I don't trust the cabal who run this country...I don't even trust Ron Paul...I'm more in the Kucinich camp...although as a practical matter I'm talking up John Edwards... I'd love for there to be open borders and equality and justice for everyone in the world...I'd love for there to be an end to economic, environmental and religious strife..."can't we all just get along?"... It is coercion and inequality I rail against...the top down control...(sh*t floats as well as cream, btw). As for people like Putin...he is capable of having people killed...but as long as the people he supports are in power and the people don't make too many waves everything can be hunky-dory...kinda like in this country only more blatant...(although we did have a president who was the former head of our secret police/KGB/CIA...and now have his son [who was selected to office through judicial fiat] leaving his turds lying about as legacy)... Young people in china don't even care that they live under an authoritarian regime anymore...why should they...they have MTV and Ipods...and commodity...and times where they can act like an individual...why bother with the garbage collectors who are in office? As long as we continue our commute to town each morning and our consumptive greed driven habits, we are giving tacit approval to the policies of any administration...but why should we care about blood for oil, or death squads? We have MTV and Ipods...and commodity...but durn it all...things are getting expensive...and our pocketbooks matter more than our souls... When we all decide we aren't going to take it anymore...and stay in bed one morning instead of making that commute to town, or that trip to the shopping mall...when a general strike happens, perhaps it'll wake up the powers that be...United we stand, divided we fall...and we're falling rapidly.

No comments:

As I sit staring out of the window in the woods, birds flutter by...Veterans' Day 2023

 With wars and conflicts raging in multiple locations, I'm living in relative peace now.   I went to the Wikipedia page to see how many ...